Finished the S Gundam arms tonight. This was the first time I tried using masking tape to do multiple colors on the shoulders. (Click on the Photos for more details). First I painted the whole piece in normal red, then applied various strips of masking tape, then painted the whole piece again in a different mix of red. Once dried, removing the tape leaves the the design, I’m really happy how it turned out.
Here’s more detail on the left. One small bit of the Gundam System decal didn’t stick, but I’ll live with it. Fixing that one spot could potential ruin everything else.
Here’s the arms together.
Here’s the right arm. You can see the striping design better here.
Left again with the wing binder attached. You can see the metallic grey on the wing binder joint. I used the metallic grey for the venting in the shoulder too.
The PIII decal needed to go on the shoulder in my opinion. I love the Pegasus III. I’m still not entirely certain if its just the Nehl Argama or not, but its still one of my most favorite Assault Carriers in the Gundam Universe. I wish I could find a model of it, but I have the Albion to build so that’ll have to do for now.
I’m going to take a look at the instruction book tonight to figure out what section I’ll work on next. I suppose I could just go in order, but that would be the legs, and I might want to do the whole upper body first. I’ll keep you guys posted.
Until next time –