Well its Christmas, and in the midst of the holiday, I thought I would take some time to post on my completion of the Hi-Mobility GM.
I’m a bit rusty after taking about 3 months off, so I ran into a few small issues. One of them being, I don’t think I shook my can of top coat well enough, and I ended up with some discoloration on the right hip panel. Kind of an odd result, but I’m just leaving it for now.
I really wanted to use my old Hi-Mobility GM Type C resin back pack, and upgrade it a bit with metal parts. I finally learned after all this time, that you should apply the metal pieces AFTER the top coat, so the thrusters here look nice and polished.
For the visor, I painted the underlying sensor section in silver, then used clear red on the visor itself. I used the same technique on my RGM-79P Powered GM as well, only using Green instead of red (obviously). Some metal vulcan barrels and a new, metal antenna add a nice touch too. I also used metal shoulder gears, which I think look good.
This was a great warm up before returning to the GP04 and 1/60 Alex. I’m going to work on another GM next, just to make sure I have all the cob webs out. Next up on the GM project is the RGM-79 GM, which will be part of my 0081 display. I think I’ll keep the red/light grey color scheme, but I will be swapping the shield with the GM (G) for a more 0081, customized look.
MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy Holidays to all!