Perfect Grade RX-78-3 “G3” Gundam: Complete

Hey all,

I’ve been done for a few days now but I’ve been really sick so I’m just getting to this now.  Let’s jump right in:

Again, I went with an all grey scheme, sort of like the GFF 1/100 G3.  Tamiya Neutral Grey, German Grey (Dark) and Light Grey were used.   Decals by Samuel of course.

The metal bolts and screws used are from Mecha Skunk – can’t beat his prices or his quality, if you ask me.  Tamiya Metallic Gunmetal and Titanium Silver were used for the inner frame, along with Clear Blue over Titanium Silver for the thrusters and the joints/vent shafts.

Flat Black for the Beam rifle and Back pack were used.  For the eyes and beam rifle sensor, I used Lemon Yellow over Titanium Silver.

My camera is apparently picking up the flecks of metal in the paint.  The actual thrusters look smooth and normal.  I need a new camera….*sigh*..

I was afraid I went overboard with the shield decals, but I really wanted to make sure I used the huge “3”.  I love how it looks.

I did a display stand as well, but in retrospect, I probably should have used a larger base, seems the “Operation V” is covered by the G3’s foot when he’s on the stand.

So that’s about it.   This took longer than I expected, but I did get a bit burned out for a while during June/July.  I’m back full force now.  Let’s take a look at the “Before and After” shot:

PG RX-78-1 (Banner Shot)


So there we go.  I’m still completely out of room on my shelf, so I need a new display case or two.  In the mean time, here’s my upcoming project list:

– MG Powered GM Conversion touch up and small repairs.  (I LOVE this kit, so it shouldn’t take long)

– MG Zaku II F2 touch up and repairs (again, small project, shouldn’t take long at all)

– MG GP Gundam Project:  GP01 FB, GP02, Gp03 and GP04 designed as a team (A-UC project)  This will take some time.

– PG Gundam Mk.II AEUG – Repaint to Titans and repairs.

That’s all for now –

Advertisements

Updates and News

Alex Custom

Okay, time for an update or three.

First things first – The Alex Custom is steadily coming along.  This crap-tastic iPhone picture of the torso does very little justice to the work.  But I’m a bit stalled at the moment.  I just ordered some new upgrade parts from Mecha Skunk – and I want to wait until they arrive (3-5 days) before I finish the back pack and such.  In the meantime, I have the rest of the white panels to finish.  I’m adding large metal thrusters to the back pack (ala my Blue Destiny Custom) but they should look infinitely better.

Second – my MG GP01 Conversion GP04 kit arrived!  I’m very excited to begin, but I’ll need quite a few things before I can start, and also I’ll have to finish the Alex.  But while I have a bunch of projects lined up (including a custom GP02 re-fit) – the GP04 takes high priority.  I’ll keep you guys posted on that.

Finally, I’ve added two new posts.  Mecha Skunk – a great place for upgrade parts (at an affordable price no less!) and Fichtenfoo’s blog – if you’re like me, constantly looking for ideas and ways to push your modeling skills, FF’s blog is THE place to hang out.

So that’s it for now.  The RX-78-6 header is sticking for now, as I’m still all about the Gundam Unit Six thanks to SD Gundam G Generation Was.

Jaa~