S Gundam Update 1

Finished the Head of the S Gundam this weekend.  I think it turned out just great.

img_0227

I wanted to do something special for the Incom unit.  I drilled out the barrels of the unit, using a simple hand drill.

img_01932

Then, I clipped three small pieces of brass tubing.  I managed to match the drill bit to the exact diameter of the tube.

img_01962

I wish the decals included an INCOM decal, but unfortunately, Bandai seemed to have missed it.

img_0219

I’m still working out the autofocus on my camera, but at least I figured out the Macro function.  Here you can see the brass tubing for the barrels.

img_0225

Here’s a better shot of the “Bust”.   I ended up going with gold for the collar and upper cockpit section.  I wanted to mix a yellow/orange, but it turned out too “peachy”, so I ended up staying with gold.

img_0220

And one final (blurry) shot of the whole head.

I’ve started the back tonight as well, I’ll update more this week, so stay tuned!

Jaa~

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s